Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card on arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
Cancellation / No Show & Reduction in Numbers Policy
Cancellation of GROUP bookings
The following charges apply if a group is cancelled within 28 days: Time prior to arrival that group is cancelled
% of total booking value payable
No show or same day 75 %
1 4 days 60 %
5 7 days 50 %
8 14 days 35 %
15 21 days 20%
22 28 days 10%
A group constitutes 10 pax or more. For groups in excess of 100 pax we reserve the right to negotiate a separate cancellation policy at the time of booking.
Note that cancellations of confirmed bookings (both groups and individuals) should be made by fax and must be counter signed and faxed back to you by us. If you do not have a document signed by us reconfirmed a cancellation then that cancellation is not valid and charges will apply as above.
No charges will generally apply if a group is cancelled more than 28 days prior to arrival, though we reserve the right to change this agreement with individual clients if it becomes apparent that confirmed groups are regularly being cancelled just outside this deadline. Any such changes to policy would be agreed in writing with the client concerning prior to coming into effect.
Reductions in size of up to 10% of a group can be made without charge any time prior to the day of arrival. Groups arriving with fewer pax than we have been notified of will however be subject to full charges as if the whole group had stayed.
Reductions in size in excess of 10% of a group within 28 days of arrival will be treated as if they were cancellations and charges will be levied on the whole reduction, ie. There is no concession on the first 10% cancelled as applied above.
Note that even where a group is booked for a large number of nights it is the date of arrival (relative to time of cancellation) that determines the charge to be applied to all nights.
Where it is apparent that a group is unhappy with their accommodation largely because they have been misinformed about, or have misunderstood the nature of The Generator product, No Show charges will apply to any nights that the group decide not to stay with us. We advise that all prospective guests receive a copy of our 2002 brochure, available to all our clients on request.
Note that the schedule of proportional charges above already discounts factors such as variable costs we may avoid due to a cancellation, VAT, and possible revenue we might receive from reselling rooms. Where resold rooms are concerned we have obviously approximated revenue based on experience.
If individual clients wish to have an arrangement with us whereby they always compensate us (further to 28 day or less group cancellations, at a rate of 80% of room sales value) for rooms that are actually unsold after subsequent review, we reserve the right to enter into such an agreement. It should be noted however that the whole idea and spirit of our normal cancellation policy is that uncertainty is eliminated and that complex calculations need to be undertaken to resolve group cancellation situations.
As regards the above paragraph please note that hedging in isolated situations is not acceptable to The Generator (ie. Asking to pay the lower of the normal cancellation policy charges and the actual lost revenue to us from unsold rooms). This again defeats our objective of trying to create a simple, consistent and certain group cancellation policy.
In summary what we are saying to clients is either accept our policy (creating certainty), or agree to pay in full for any lost revenue we incur from unsold rooms (creating uncertainty). Each client has the choice between the two, but whichever procedure is chosen must be applied consistently.
If you have any questions or queries about our policy please give me a call as soon as possible.
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.