Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card on arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
Cancellation / No Show & Reduction in Numbers Policy
Once the additional deposit has been made (4 weeks prior to arrival) there will be no refund
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Tupiniquim is also about quality. Given the few resources that hostels usually have, we make the best out of them, our customer support level is unheard of ... think of Leonidas and his 300 Spartans, they were in another league compared to the Greeks of their times, so are we in hostel management. Of course, that does not mean that we are by all means perfect, not in the slightest all, it only means that we try to improve by the minute, we have been like that for the last 10 years.
I mean, are you really willing to pay up to double the price so you can stay in some dumb-dirty hostel just because it is like 100 meters nearer Ipanema beach ?? ... we are at a 5 min. bus ride from the beach with is at the bottom of the Sugar Loaf Mountain (it is called the Red Beach) but we are light years ahead the vast majority of the hostels in terms of service, staff, personality, fun, etc ...
Perhaps you are willing to stay on just another hostel full of Europeans, Americans, Aussies and Israelis ?? ... what if you could stay in a place where 60 % of the guests are Brazilians ?? then you would get a real Brazilian experience starting at the hostel, wouldn’t that be bloody cool ??
My friend, half of the hostels in Rio are complete crap and most of the other half are just dumb-nothing-to-do-except-for-sleeping places ... so you think you are pretty smart by booking a place 5-10 reals cheaper ?? a place with triple bunks, 12 + people dorms, no air conditioning, thin mattresses, lousy breakfast, no bar, no fun ??
We have rooms for all kinds of needs, I am pretty sure there is one that will fit you perfectly:
• You want to come with your family, parents or kids ?? Private rooms that can accommodate 1 to 4 people are perfect for you.
• You want to come with a small group of friends ?? A quadruple private is hands down your best choice.
• You are a girl and you are old school, or have a jealous boyfriend or just want to feel more comfortable among ’sisters’, we have a very nice 6-people girls only room :)
• You are the poorest guy on earth ?? Don’t worry, we have a 10-bed dorm that is pretty cheap and still has all our free services.
• You do not want to deal with lots of people but do not have the money to pay a private ?? our 3-people mixed dorm is almost like a private room.
• You want the best cost/benefit, not a private, but not an overcrowded mixed dorm ?? We have 6 and 8 people dorms.
We accept all debit and credit cards:
Debit Cards: Visa Electron, Maestro.
Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club.
All our rooms (except for two 6-people shared bathroom dorms) have their own bathroom inside the room (hence ensuite) and include the following facilities free of charge:
• Air Conditioning from 8 p.m. to 10 a.m. (full day costs an extra R$ 20 (aprox. US$ 5)
• Wi-Fi all over the hostel, also within the rooms: 50 Mbps speed.
• Linen included: pillow with pillowcase, 2 bedsheets and a blanket.
• Security lockers big enough for your backpacks (1 m x 1 m x 0.5 meters each)
• Solid-wood double bunks with plenty of space (1 meter) between each bed ... I said double and not triple bunks :)
• 17 cm high and 120 kg resistant, comfortable, mattresses (not those cheap and dirty ones you get in many hostels)
Besides that we have many other services, most of them for free:
• 24 hour Reception
• Continental breakfast, Brazilian style, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for R$ 12 (aprox. US$ 4)
• Multi-lingual staff: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew.
• Free Pool Table & Bar service, open 24/7: water, soda, beer, whisky, caipirinha, etc …
• Open terrace with a view of the Christ the Redeemer Statue open from 7 a.m. ‘till 10 p.m.
• Dinner service from 7 p.m. ‘till 10 p.m. for R$ 20 (aprox. US$ 5), regional Brazilian food, self-service style.
• Open kitchen for our guests to prepare their own food (except for the fridge)
• TV room with a massive 54” screen, full cable TV (HBO, Telecine, Cinemax, etc …), Netflix and a selection of more than 1200 selected films, all of this for free …
• We have a place for you to wash your clothes by hand and dry them.
• Rent (R$ 1 per day) or buy (R$ 15) a 30 mm padlock to use in our lockers.
• Luggage storage room (in case you have already checked out and want/need to hang around)
• Lots of the most popular board games such as: chess, backgammon, checkers, risk, domino, cards, etc ...
• Multicultural library for all your reading needs.
• All the travel info you might possibly need, tours as well.
• Car parking (third party) available near the hostel.
• Taxes included.
• No minimum or maximum stay (except for New Year's Eve, Carnival or Olympic Games)
• No lockout or curfew.
Central location to all major attractions:
• 4 min. subway (one station) to Copacabana Beach.
• 10 min. subway (4 stations) to Ipanema Beach.
• 12 min. subway (5 stations) to all the Historical Downtown of Rio.
• 15 min. bus to Lapa, Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont), Lagoa, Botanical Garden and the Sugar Loaf Mountain.
• 25 min. bus to the Statue of Christ the Redeemer.
• 30 min. subway (12 stations) to the Maracanã Stadium.
• 40 min. bus to the Central Bus Station (Rodoviária)
• 50 min. bus or taxi to the International Airport (Galeão)
• 70 min. bus to Barra da Tijuca Beach.
General Policies for New Years Eve, Carnival, Rock in Rio, Olympic & Paralympic Games:
• Minimum Stay: 3 nights.
• Payment Method: Credit Card or Wire Transfer (Western Union or Moneygram)
• Payment policy: 50% in advance is required. After your booking is confirmed by hostelworld.com, you will be contacted to proceed and arrange the payment method. Failure to complete the payment in 5 working days will result in cancellation of your booking.
• Cancellation Policy: Non Refundable.
• No-Show Policy: It will be charged the remaining due at check in.
Please consider that only for those special dates and after you have made your Hostelworld Reservation (which is 20 %), we will contact you to further pay another 30 % (by credit card or Western Union Transfer) prior to arrival. Unfortunately it has to be done after the initial reservation because we cannot do it within Hostelworld ... also consider that this is non-refundable ... we take all these precautions because loads and loads of people ask for these specific periods and we cannot afford to have people 'not showing up’. ハウルルールを表示する
- Air Conditioning
アカウント名 のパスワードを入力してください <% email %>