Registration Number AJ000583
Welcome to Twentytu Hostel Barcelona, we're the first Hostel in the world to obtain the Biosphere Responsible Tourism. We're committed to the environment and sustainability, applying technological innovation.
Twentytu Hostel Barcelona is located around the modern Plaza de las Glorias. In our hostel you can live a unique experience. We offer 62 rooms (55 quadruples and 7 private doubles) and different common spaces, where we offer a warm atmosphere and you can meet people of different nationalities, relax and enjoy the city of Barcelona.
Live and share great moments with your friends, family, couple, student and sport groups and other backpackers, enjoying economic, responsible and sustainable accommodation!
- Reception 24h.
- Complete private bathroom and shower in all rooms.
- 24h video surveillance.
- Free left luggage.
- Free wifi throughout the building.
- Fully equipped community kitchen.
- Towel rental.
- Daily room cleaning.
- Lockers in reception and in the room.
- Television and projector for films or presentations in common areas.
- Prepaid laundry service with washing machine and dryer.
- Self-service vending machines for drinks.
- Pool table, Wii and board games.
- Bike and electric scooter rental.
- Guided activities inside and outside the hostel.
- Buffet breakfast for 6.5 euro
At Twentytu Hostel Barcelona you can enjoy relaxation and entertainment, boredom will not enter in your plans!
During the year we celebrate different events that take place in Barcelona, and in high season (June-October) we organize daily activities in our terrace with the best views of the city:
- Salsa class
- Live Music
- Yoga class
- Paella shows and guided bike tours: on request for groups of minimum 10 people
All rooms include private washrooms and showers inside, air conditioning and private locker:
- Private double room
We offer you a calm atmosphere where you can enjoy your privacy as a couple, with friends or with yourself. There is a television, and towels and soap are included.
- Shared or private quadruple room
It has two bunk beds, with large individual drawers under the lower beds.
- Shared or private female quadruple room
You can choose to share your room with people of the same sex.
- Private quadruple room with extra bed
It has the same characteristics as the quadruple room but you can add an extra bed for a fifth person (for 25 euro extra/ night) or a cot, on request.
- Shared or private adapted room
We offer rooms adapted for people with reduced mobility, with a greater amplitude and with adapted bathrooms.
Enjoy the sun and the best views of our city on the terrace, on the roof of the Twentytu Hostel Barcelona. It has comfortable sofas and views of the Sagrada Familia, the Agbar Tower, the National Theatre of Catalonia, the Auditorium and the 'Els Encants' vintage market.
- Community Kitchen
A fully equipped designer kitchen where you can cook your favourite dish. Some nights we've the collaboration of a cooker who will teach us how to prepare delicious dishes with local recipes.
- Dining room and leisure area
Large area for breakfast service and dining room, which has the presence of large monitors where different videos about Barcelona and other cities in the world are projected. We have pool table, computers with Internet for free, board games and Wii games.
- Chill out zone
Here you can relax on our comfortable sofa and grandstand area, and watch TV quietly, or read a book from our library.
- Bar - Coffee and Sandwich Shop
Next to the entrance of Twentytú you will find and enjoy the Carrot Cafe, one of the best coffee-sandwich shops in the city, where you can taste the best sandwiches, hamburgers and cheesecakes.
Twentytu Hostel Barcelona is the first tourist accommodation building in the city to obtain the maximum qualification in energy efficiency.
We are very involved with sustainability, that is why we carry out 15 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, through our facilities equipped with the latest technology and all our good actions:
- Use of the grey water recovery system, which allows us to recover water from showers and baths to process it and clean it up for later use in toilet cisterns.
- Hot and cold water for acclimatisation, and hot sanitary water is supplied by the company Districlima, which uses the energy given off by the water vapour from the Sant Adria incinerator a few kilometres away from the Hostel. With this, we avoid emitting CO2 since our system does not work with gas.
- Use of electricity based on a system of presence detection in the corridors, regulation of light intensity according to the time and capacity of guests in the dining room, timer of light in the rooms, and efficient and responsible use of water with the use of timers in the showers and taps, reaching to provide the planet with between 40% and 60% of water for important needs.
- Collaboration with the IReS Foundation, dedicated to the commitment to families in vulnerable situations, to whom we give the opportunity to work with us.
- Donation of 1€ for each reservation received of double rooms to the foundations Make a Wish, Fundación IReS and Hospital Sant Joan de Deu.
- Donation of the food that has not been used in our events, activities and catering to the Parish of Sant Martí del Clot
- Recycling and rental service of bicycles and scooters to promote a healthy lifestyle for everyone, and get to know our city of Barcelona in a beneficial way for our planet.
- Selected 'Best Green Hostel 2014' by Hostelworld
- Selected 'Best Green Initiative 2014' at the Global Youth Travel Award 2014 organized by Stay Wyse.
- In 2014 we received the 'Best Responsible Tourism Entrepreneurship' Award from the organisation Responsible Tourism and Descobrir Catalunya magazine during the ceremony for the II Responsible Tourism Awards in Catalonia 2014.
* Minors of 18 years old must present written authorization from parents or guardians before to the arrival. Please, if it's your case, contact us after making the reservation.
*Children aged 3 years and above are considered adults at this property
* Shared rooms cannot accommodate guests under 18 years old. They must reserve a private room.
* Please read the important aspects before you book.
Reservations of more than 3 nights: non-refundable payment of 100% of the total stay will be requested at the time of booking by bank transfer or using our secure payment gateway. No refunds or changes to the booking are permitted
A booking with more than 7 people, non-refundable payment of 100% of the total stay will be requested at the time of booking by bank transfer or using our secure payment gateway.
Visa, Mastercard and cash payment accepted.
24hr reception and check-in.